LIMITED OFFER - Spend £99, save an extra 10% - Use code SALE10
Kelo-cote Solaire 15g Scar Gel
- You can be rest assured that our checkout process is fully secure and is PCI DSS compliant. We do not store or have any access to payment card information at any time.
- 1999992 Item Items
- In stock
Kelo-cote Solaire Scar Gel is a silicone e gel for the prevention and management of keloid and hypertrophic scars. Now with SPF 30 Sunscreen it also protects scars from effects of sun damage.
Benefits of Kelo-cote Solaire
- The only 100% silicone scar treatment with SPF 30 UV protection ingredients
- Self-dries within 4-5 minutes forming a flexible, transparent sheet
- Flattens, softens and helps smooth existing raised scars
- Reduces discolouration and redness
- Relieves associated itch, pain and discomfort of scars UV protection ingredients may protect scars from discolouration and redness caused by sun exposure
- Very water resistant
- Once dry, cosmetics may be applied Ideal for areas exposed to the sun such as the face, neck, chest or hands
- May be used on flexures, joints, irregular surfaces, as well as large area scars
- Can be used in conjunction with any other treatment option such as pressure garments
Prevention through Solar Protection
UV exposure has been shown to influence the wound healing process by causing immediate UV-induced inflammation.
Presents as erythema, followed by increased skin pigmentation (may result in long term pigmentation of a fresh or recent scar)
Affecting the metabolism of Type I collagen within hours of UV exposure
Whether the result of sutured incision or natural healing, a scar should be protected from the sun during the whole maturation process (anywhere from 6 months to 3 years, according to studies cases).